Friday, May 1, 2015

Forget the theme Friday...Happy Anniversary

So I know I have this whole day-of-the-week theme going on, but we'll forget that for now.  You can see some of my latest finished products in the past few days' posts.  There are quite a few of them.  And my hope is that next Friday can be Finished Product Friday and I can show off a teddy bear quilt and 2 baby quilts.  That is my goal. 
For now I would like to make a public service announcement.  Shoutout to 2 of the best parents anyone could ask for.  Happy Anniversary Mom and Daddy! 


Being married for 22 years is no small task.  And you have done it with (MOSTLY) smiles on your faces and more PDA than I would have liked to have seen from time to time.   There were days your gushiness and looks and "inside jokes" that weren't so secret were a bit much. 


But now I am glad I was able to live/suffer through all of that to see what a love story looks like.  And I plan on "torturing" Shea and Patten the same way because I know one day they will thank us for it like I am thanking you now. 

Your story may not be the most traditional one...boy meets girl, boy marries girl, boy and girl have a boy or girl or 2 or three, and they all live happily ever after.  Yours had some bumps along the way but you got there...to the 2 girls and the boy and the happily ever after.  And those bumps made me who I am today, and brought with them their own set of blessings.  Your not so picturebook story helped me find my story.  And my forever.  And my happily ever after. 

I just pray that 18 years from now, when Brian and I have been married 22 years, our boys can thank us for our love story, too. 

I love you both and wish you were not so far away. 




No comments :

Post a Comment