Monday, January 27, 2014

Inspire Me Monday: What I Be Project


The following came from a website I stumbled on while scrolling through my newsfeed on Facebook (go like the studio page...click here). This is called the "What I Be Project." But really it's more of a what I'm not project. It requires you to lay your insecurities, your fears, and your mistakes right there on the table. You literally write them all over your face. Then you are photographed in your most vulnerable state. It forces you to put yourself out there and hope people love you anyways. And guess what, they do. There was not one photo that left me hating a person or thinking they were weird or judging them. It showed me that honesty is more attractive than the masks we often put on before society. I hope that by seeing these you are inspired, as I was, to be content in the skin you are in...inspired to be yourself...inspired to see your weaknesses only make you human...inspire you to see others for who they are...inspired to love them anyways.  Here are a few of my favorites. But don't just check out these. Go to his website and see others. This project amazes me. Www.whatibeproject.com 
She is not her body image.
*I am not my body image either. As a former collegiate runner, I never had to worry about my body image before. I was always confident in the body I trained hard to have. Now, however, my confidence in it has faded. Carrying my now 9 month old baby had its affect on my body...stretch marks, extra pounds, and a bit rounder around the middle. But I need to see it as a body I worked hard to receive too. Because nine months with a person growing inside of you is hard work enough. I AM NOT MY STRETCH MARKS.
She is not her meds.
*I am not my meds either. I will need to stay medicated the rest of my life. I have a seizure disorder. The meds control it for the most part. I don't have the grand mal seizures anymore, or shaking seizures as some people call them. The rare times I have a seizure I just kind of space out. I am there but not there. I can hear and understand. I just can't move or respond. My brain is working but my body isn't listening. It normally doesn't last long. And I almost always know when it's coming. So it doesn't have a huge impact on my everyday life. But every now and then I have misfires in my brain that make me confused or forget names or say counter when I mean chair or forget why I went to the kitchen or the last thing someone asked me to do. It's not a big deal but it is something I am sometimes ashamed of and frustrated by. But I am not my epilepsy.

What are your strengths and weaknesses and fears and insecurities that keep you from being you? Just be you.

On a lighter note...everything is really coming together now. Like really. It looks like I may have a studio starting in February and will be able to start getting ready for all of YOU! Not going to announce the location until papers are signed and keys are in hand but that may be happening very soon. God is good.

The end.




No comments :

Post a Comment