Saturday, September 19, 2015

Ramblings from a Rare Morning in Bed

It is 8:32 am on a Saturday morning and I am still laying in bed.
Alone. What? That hasn't happened many times in the last 2 plus years.
(Sidenote, I am only alone because Brian is facilitating an elementary school robotics competition downtown. Don't worry. We are still happily married.)
I doubt this moment of my life will last until the end of this blog post, but I will give it a shot. The house is quiet-ish. Two-and-a-half-month-old Patten is wide awake in his pack and play in our room, entertaining himself staring at the ceiling and kicking his legs like he is running a marathon but going nowhere. If you know Patten, you know he is the loudest quiet baby in the world. He is almost in a constant state of mild snoring wide awake or asleep. And on top of his wide-awake snoring, he has the hiccups. And it is pretty adorable. And my two dogs, Cindy-Lu (pit bull) and Roscoe (wire-haired terrier mutt) are ready to go outside but they are going to have to wait. I am not ready to disturb the peace. 
This is about as quiet as this house will ever be.

Shea (two year old son) almost never sleeps in his bed all night. We practically have a party on mornings where we wake him up from his Mickey Mouse Clubhouse bed. Those mornings are few and far between. But he is still under those Mickey Covers snuggled up to his Snoopy. My mind is still blown.
It's not like he was up super late or anything. Unfortunately he normally doesn't go to sleep until about 9 anyways. And last night he dozed off about that time. We were babysitting our friends' two little ones while they went out on a date because last weekend they did the same for us. 


Their little angels were both asleep at about 7:30 and 7:32. We put them in their cribs and walked out the door and they fell asleep on their own. Parenting points to the Carmos.

The Strauss family fell asleep on the Carmo couch at about 9, halfway through Toy Story. Love vet that movie!

Thats about all I've got to say this morning. Just sharing my giddiness at the rare morning in bed with whoever cares to listen. I think I will lay here until one of my darling boys forces me out of bed. 

2 minutes later...

PATTEN WINS!

1 comment :

  1. Lovely thoughts! Have a wonderful weekend with your wonderful menfolk, and . . . thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete