Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sunday Stringy Specs

The blanket is finally finished! Hooray! I am in love. It is so fun to watch a blanket come together. Fun, fun, fun.
I found the pattern on the Red Heart yarn website here. Http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/love-color-throw
They call it the In Love With Color Throw.
That is so me. They had suggested colors but I chose to make it my own.

It all started with an octagon.
That turned into a stack of 14 octagons. 
Then came 20 triangles.
...4 corner motifs
...6 squares
Then came the task of sewing them together.


...Then the 9 rows of edging....

All leading up to this...

Stringy Specs:
-11 colors of yarn-purple, navy, light blue, turquoise, green, bright green, yellow, light pink, orange, white, and black
-4004 yards of yarn...about 2.75 miles worth
-6 squares times 30 minutes, 14 octagons times 30 minutes, 4 corners times 20 minutes, 10 triangles times 20 minutes, an hour of sewing, and 2 hours of border...about 18 total hours of hooking
-45"x54" throw blanket

If you are as in love with it as I am it can be yours for $160. Or you can order one you to meet your unique preferences. What do you say friends? Let me know what you think.

Happy Sunday all! Signing off!


No comments :

Post a Comment